agnostic, apparently

You scored as agnosticism. You are an agnostic. Though it is generally taken that agnostics neither believe nor disbelieve in God, it is possible to be a theist or atheist in addition to an agnostic. Agnostics don’t believe it is possible to prove the existence of God (nor lack thereof).

Agnosticism is a philosophy that God’s existence cannot be proven. Some say it is possible to be agnostic and follow a religion; however, one cannot be a devout believer if he or she does not truly believe.

agnosticism

Satanism

29%

Islam

25%

Christianity

21%

Which religion is the right one for you?
created with QuizFarm.com

Well, I’m sure this confirms what some already believed.

I have to say I’m a little surprised that Christianity scores last.

I’m closer to Satanists* than I am to Christians?

(Actually the friend who pointed me to this quiz got Satanist as his top score!)

((And so, it turns out, did my very own beloved missus. Well, hail Satan, I suppose.))

And here I thought I was, if anything, moving closer to the Thomistic tradition.

I blog about religion here, sort of:

* A note on Satanism, according to the quiz:

Before you scream, do a bit of research on it. To be a Satanist, you don’t actually have to believe in Satan. Satanism generally focuses upon the spiritual advancement of the self, rather than upon submission to a deity or a set of moral codes.

Advertisements

7 Responses to agnostic, apparently

1. Vache Folle says:

It does not make sense to characterize “agnosticism” as a religion. I am agnostic in that I do not recognize a valid proof of the existence or non-existence of God, yet I am a practicing Christian in that I posit in the religious sphere the existence of God and the divinity of Jesus. Belief does not necessarily require proof. Belief is involuntary and is not an act of will. I am skeptical of the rest of the quiz, but I think I will take it and see where I come out before commenting further.

2. Vache Folle says:

Well, I came out Christian at 80%+ but Satanist at 54%, the second highest. (I probably cheated a little on the obviously Christian identifiers.) I am not sure what to make of this, but the stated definition of Satanism does not make it seem like anything to be concerned about.

3. iceberg says:

As I understand it, agnosticism is a tenet of most religions, if not all. I’m sure you heard of the argument, “If there was proof of God’s existence, there would be no point in faith”.I admit that it’s one of the shabbiest arguments ever constructed, but religion has seen greater lows.In any case, as vache folle said, one can admit to be unknowing to the proofs of existence or non-existence of God, but still believe in God.

4. Tim Swanson says:

Two things for the record:1) I got a 100% for atheism followed by 67% with Buddhism and Satanism (eww, get it off!)2) By their definition of satanism, one could conclude that Objectivism/Randianism is in fact, satanic. I’m sure they’d love that PR.

5. Vache Folle says:

I am reminded of the riddle:Q: What is an agnostic dyslexic insomniac?A: Someone who sits up at night wondering if there really is a dog.

6. Anonymous says:

Hmm. Interesting quiz, bk. I fell for it, with surprising results… 88% Satanism 71% Agnositicism and Buddhism (tied) Islam, Paganism, Hinduism, Judaism, Christianity, and lastly, 33% Atheism. Atheists seem to take religion all too seriously, so I can’t disagree with that one… but Satanism? If anything other than an Agnostic, I might call myself a Discordian… if for no better reason than to annoy noisy Atheists. I’m very surprised to see Christianity next only to Atheism at the bottom of my score. Methinks I detect suspicious bias at work here that reinforces my general opinion regarding quizzes. Please say hi to the missus for me :) >^v^<

7. Anonymous says:

Who made this quiz? Could it be Satan?